Having a good understanding of emergency paediatric first aid is incredibly important for the safety of children and it could mean the difference between life and death.
he QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
(QCF) qualification is perfect for:
• Parents or family members who want to learn key paediatric first aid skills
• Those who work with children and are not required to comply with Ofsted’s Childcare Register or EYFS requirements
• Those who want to provide additional support in their organisation to the paediatric first aiders that are trained
to meet EYFS or Ofsted Childcare Register requirements
But what actually happens on the course?
YES you will learn how to deal with life threatening situations which we know can be daunting BUT our trainers break each situation down into easy to remember, easy to understand chunks. The most important thing is that you go home with the knowledge of what to do if ever such a situation should arise so making it memorable will really help. On our courses you will learn how to deal with all the following:
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- Wounds and bleeding
- Accident recording
Groups are deliberately kept quite small so everyone feels confident to ask questions and are not overwhelmed and our trainers are very experienced in delivery. You will learn the skills in a friendly environment where you’re encouraged to ask and understand everything you learn so you leave, safe in the knowledge that you could save a life if such a situation occurred and, well, that’s an incredible skill to have.